Tuesday, July 20, 2010

2nd Month in El Salvador

Dearest friends,
Life continues to feel like a roller coaster: lots of unexpected ups and downs. I continue to be learning: about myself, about others and about God. Daily, I am challenged to love others in greater ways than what I know how to. With a love that requires to be patient and kind. A love that is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. A love that doesn't demand its own way. A love that is not irritable, and that keeps no record of being wronged. A love that does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. A love that NEVER gives up, that never looses faith, one that is always hopeful, and one that endures through every circumstance (1 Corint 13:4-7). Friends, this kind of life can only be possible in Him and through Him. I pray that He continues to teach me to better love the people I serve, the people I work with, the people around me, my family and friends. Find the "ups" and "downs" of this last month in the "weekly updates" section. There is so much more to share but because of time and space I have chosen just a few. Thank you for reading, for staying in touch, for your prayers and love. I love you all and miss you mucho.

Also, I've uploaded pictures of these last weeks. Click here to see them. I've included captions so you know what's going on. Many blessings and enjoy!

No comments: