![]() |
| Picture I painted as I was preparing to return to the U.S. |
After leaving El Salvador, on my way to California, I had a layover in Houston, TX. were I was able to stay with friends Jon and Emily for a few days and also drop off my suitcases. Then I traveled to Los Angeles and San Diego to visit with family, friends and church. I also spent a few days in Tijuana, Mexico visiting some amazing kids who I used to work with at the orphanage Ninos de la Promesa. I also went on my 1st mother and daughter roadtrip to Arizona to visit family there. Finally I left to Texas and arrived in Fort Worth (where I will be living for the next 2 years) to take my 1st grad class.
I wish that was my last stop, but for the summer- for the purposes of having friends around during this transition period and to save money, I will be living with my wonderful friends Jon and Emily in Houston for the month of June. I will be driving up to Fort Worth mid July to prepare for the Fall semester which begins in August (if you want to see an interactive map of the many stops I have done in these last 2 months, click here).
During the month I am staying busy writing papers for the class I took up in Fort Worth a couple of weeks ago (post-assignment material) and also working in another class I'm taking online. At the same time I am applying to all kinds of part time jobs and searching for roommates/housing for when I move up to Fort Worth next month. Please pray for this time of transitioning back to life in the United States and Texas as well as getting used to being back in school. I admit I am a bit rusty and nomadic in my ways, but I am getting more civilized by the day.
For pictures of what the last days in El Salvador where like, click here.
For pictures of what the past couple of months have been, living here in the U.S., click here.
For pictures of what my adventures in Texas have been so far, click here.
Thank you once again for your partnership, for your friendship, love and support. There is much more to share about what God is teaching me as I reflect back on the time I spent in El Salvador, so I promise to share more about that next.
Please continue to keep me in your prayers, especially for this time of reflecting back. Much love and gratitude. Elsita!

2 comments:
Praying for you!
You are truly an inspiration.
Blessings,
Shannon
Thank you Shannon. So are you and the work you are doing. God is so good and the only one that empowers us to do "any good thing". Blessings to you!
Post a Comment