Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Simple Things with Greater Joy!

Dearest friends,
I have posted some more updates and fun adventures to the "Updates" tab. Check them out. Also, find below a list of things I'm grateful for this last week and prayer requests/needs I have. Thank you for reading.

I continue to learn to enjoy life in greater ways and to find joy in simpler things, such as a slide at a park (see video below and try it out sometime).
I hope we can enjoy the little pleasures of life and refuse to take ourselves too seriously. There is way TOO much of that in the world already. May you enjoy beautiful sunsets, the smell of rain, the smile of children and the warmth of sunny days this week.

Thank you for your friendship!
Elsita

Things I am thankful for:
  • We have a new laptop and a projector to use to teach our English classes with!
  • Growth in our organization: we have 3 new local missionaries that have joined our team and soon to be with us, another long term missionary from the U.S.
  • Opportunity to be spontaneous and take an entire day off at the beach by myself
  • Our relationship with one of the local churches we work with has been strengthen and they are now fully committed to working with us and the soccer school
  • More girls have started to come to soccer practice, great opportunities to get to know them better and build stronger relationships
Prayer Requests/Needs:
  • For my relationship with biological father and our communication with each other. Prayer that we can get to know each other better and that he can get to know my heart more.
  • For the funds necessary to travel to our CFCI base in Costa Rica during the 1st week of December to learn more about their English program and how they run Short Term Trips and Missionaries
  • For patience and protection as I drive in the crazy streets of El Salvador with a car that is not working properly- some repairs are needed
  • For relationships with local government-run rescue center (Cisna) and youth that are living at this center. Minors who are being abused or neglected by parents at home are brought here.
  • To be able to meet my fundraising goal by the end of this year

No comments: